Who we support
We can either provide this support in their own home or in properties which we can help source alongside housing providers such as NewStart and secure their own tenancy.
At Aspirations individuals are helped to maximise their abilities and opportunities to improve their quality of life. They are also encouraged to work towards increasing their independence in their local community. We ensure that the safety and wellbeing of the individual is paramount as well as taking into consideration the safety of their community.
The people we support may need support for various reasons:
- Mental health needs
- Learning disabilities
- Profound and multiple learning disabilities
- Autistic spectrum conditions
- Forensic risk history
- Deaf individuals with learning disabilities and /or mental health needs
In addition the people we support may have previously faced:
- placement failure,
- extended hospital admission
- require support to comply with a community treatment order.
Our supported living services might include:
- Help with applying for benefits
- Support with shopping and making the best use of local resources
- Assistance to return to education or employment
- Help with Housing including moving from hospital or a residential placement
- Developing a person’s well being
- Help developing and forming friendships
Our packages of care include:
- Daytime, evening and weekend support
- On call assistance which available 24hours a day
- Responding to people who have personal budgets and people who self-fund
- Short breaks & respite
- Support at times of change in a person’s life eg: moving between support services, moving out of the family home
He visits his Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) where they have assisted him to do his C.V. which he is currently distributing himself to lots of different plumbing companies. He is really motivated to find some part time work in this field. We have told him that we will put in a good word with the local handy man service that we use! This is very different from the man we started supporting.