Are you looking for a rewarding career with a reputable and caring organisation?
Are you passionate about supporting young people?
If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are recruiting for Youth Justice Support Workers for our Leaving Care division based in Nottingham.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to work with extremely vulnerable and challenging Young People aged 16 plus, who are working towards Independent living.
What is the aim?
- To empower and support Young People
- To aid Young People in Social Inclusion and successfully securing a home/tenancy in their own name
- To provide a quality service to Young People
You will provide support, guidance and advice to young people in all areas of daily life; this includes budgeting, health, careers, education, relationships, culture, identity, managing accommodation maintenance and safety etc.
These young people will be extremely vulnerable, extremely challenging and high risk.
Therefore we require candidates who fit the criteria for this role:
- MUST HAVE level 3 NVQ in Children&Young people
- knowledge of relevant criminal justice and childcare legislation
- carrying out risk assessments and planning how to manage future risk
- working closely with staff from organisations such as the police, social services, probation, health services and education
- empathy and a non-judgmental attitude excellent communication and 'people' skills
- the ability to stay calm under pressure and handle challenging behaviour
- good reporting skills
- the ability to work as part of a team and also use your own initiative
- you will also need pass background checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Professional Certificate in Effective Practice patience is desirable
You will work on a rolling rota, which will include days, weekends, sleeps and some waking nights. You therefore need to be flexible with hours throughout the week. Hours are flexible - so you can decide when you work as long as total hours are covered.
If interested and you have the required qualifications and experience please do not hesitate to apply today for further information and an application pack.