The Leaving Care Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As a Community Youth Worker you will have the rewarding opportunity to support Young People aged 16 – 21 years, who are leaving care, take the steps towards living independently.
- To empower and support young people to overcome various challenges
- To help integrate young people into their community and successfully secure a home/tenancy in their own name
- To deliver a tailored service to our service users
As a Community Youth Worker you will provide support, guidance and advice to young people in all areas of daily life e.g. budgeting, personal safety and managing accommodation maintenance. You would also be expected to work in partnership with local authorities and external agencies e.g. CAMHS, in order to ensure that the young persons’ needs are being met.
Are you the following?
- Confident travelling to and working in different areas ?
- A good communicator?
- Able to thrive under pressure?
- Comfortable with lone-working?
- Have a passion for supporting at-risk young adults?
- Have experience in MH or LD?
- Have an NVQ or equally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care?
- Drive and have your own transport?
The role of a Community Youth Worker is not a 9-5 position and contracted staff will be required to work weekends, Bank Holidays and complete Sleep shifts on a rota basis.
The Leaving Care Company aims to allocate staff to service users close to their home area, however travelling is heavily involved in this role and you will be expected to travel throughout the England and Wales on a rota basis.
Hours of work: 0-40 hour contracts are available
Reports to: Service Manager/Senior Outreach Worker
Location of work: Various locations throughout the United Kingdom